I. JOB SUMMARY
The Maintenance II position performs minor repairs and maintenance and inspections of building, equipment, and grounds. Maintenance II staff may also provide custodial responsibilities and maintain the cleanliness of all buildings.
II. DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform light maintenance and repair to plumbing and sewer systems, as well as repairs to appliances.
- Service and repair agency motorized vehicles.
- Maintain maintenance records and prepares reports.
- Perform carpentry tasks to repair and maintain buildings, including painting interior and exterior surfaces.
- Operate and repair power driven, electro-mechanical and hand driven equipment to maintain buildings, grounds, and equipment.
- Perform landscaping duties including mowing, trimming, edging, and removing trees.
- Maintain the security of buildings, vehicles, and grounds.
- Set up chairs and tables for meetings and other functions.
- Oversee the cleanliness of campus and buildings by picking up trash, emptying trash cans, dusting, sweeping, mopping, cleaning windows and bathrooms, etc.
- Perform snow removal operations in order to ensure safe walkways and roads.
- Assist co-workers on special tasks.
- Demonstrate commitment to the social sector with a passion for MCHS’s mission and vision.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
III. BASIC COMPETENCIES
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-3 years of related experience in maintenance equipment operation and electrical repair, building maintenance or other related skills.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and driving record that is acceptable and meets requirements of the agency’s insurance carrier.
- Must meet the State’s Moral Character standard.
- Building maintenance including but not limited to plumbing and carpentry.
- Basic vehicle maintenance including but not limited to checking fluids, filling tires, and fueling.
- Appropriate use of manual and power tools.
- Safety measures including appropriate use of protective equipment, safe lifting, and handling harmful materials.
- Safe and appropriate use of cleaning supplies.
Skills and Abilities Needed:
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Manage time and multiple priorities, meet deadlines.
- Exercise professional judgment in making decisions.
- Complete assigned tasks in an efficient and effective manner.
- Perform physically active work requiring frequent standing, reaching, walking, bending, shoveling, pulling, pushing, climbing and lifting in order to perform various cleaning and set-up tasks.
- Push/pull weight of up to 150 pounds and lift weight of up to 75 pounds.
- Has an understanding of proper and safe use of cleaning equipment, chemicals, and products.
- Adhere to all applicable safety and health policies and procedures.
- Work flexible hours, when needed, which may include some evenings and weekends.
IV. JOB SETTING
The work environment described here is representative of that which an employee will typically encounter during a normal shift. Work may involve standing or walking for multiple hours during the work shift and may involve exposure to seasonal weather conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
V. Other Information
MCHS is an equal opportunity employer where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected characteristics as established by law. This policy extends to all policies and procedures related to the recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Furthermore, this description is a summary of the responsibilities, duties, skills, experience, abilities, and qualifications associated with this position. It is not an exhaustive list and may be changed at any time at the discretion of the CEO. Employment is still considered at-will in which MCHS or the employee may with or without notice, with or without reason terminate employment. MCHS reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.