Methodist Children's Home Society is searching for an excellent employee who is an exceptional writer and typist whom is knowledgeable in non-profit administration, and a champion for advocating for children's rights. In this position, it is vital to find a candidate whom is extremely detail orientated, organized, and possesses strong analytical skills.
MCHS offers a wealth of benefits for our employees including: generous paid holidays & time off, full benefits (100% of premiums covered by the employer; no cost to you), a wonderful 80 acre campus, tuition reimbursement, pension plan, and a dedication to growth & promotion from within.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Coordinates the planning and preparation of grant proposals; provides guidance and assistance to staff in the interpretation of funding agency regulations and requirements.
2. Prepares and compiles all components of each grant submission, ensuring that the proposal is formatted, packaged, and submitted in accordance with granting agency requirements.
3. Completes follow up for grants,
4. Advises and/or assists as appropriate in the design, formatting and preparation of grant documentation, to include creation of computerized statistical summaries and/or graphics.
5. Develops and maintains specialized databases and systems for recording and tracking grant proposals, awards, and related statistical information; creates and distributes standard and special reports, studies, summaries, and analyses, as required.
6. Monitors and coordinates the administration of post-award grants to ensure that budgeting and administrative policies, procedures, and agency requirements are being followed; manages administrative problems and/or budget changes occurring during the awarded granting period.
7. Maintains currency of knowledge of grant funding policies, regulations, and procedures; disseminates and/or presents changes to departments and advises on the implementation of changes, and on the impact of changes on funded operations.
8. Assists CEO with advocacy planning, including setting up legislative meetings and coordinating advocacy activities.
9. Assists development department in community relations efforts, related to elected officials, as well as overseeing activities during child abuse prevention month, foster care awareness month, and adoption awareness month
10. Performs other duties as assigned by the CEO.
Education and Experience
The Knowledge of:
The Skills and Ability to:
A current resume and cover letter must be included as part of your online application.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V